1/16/2023 Last revised by Salvador V.
Thank you for purchasing our bioCollect software. This guide will show you how to install the software and show you how to use the software. You should have received an email with download links or downloaded the file from the below links. Please locate it on your computer to start the process.
Please download the Futronic Drivers here:
Please find below the link to download our New Easy One Click installation file.
You will also need the Microsoft Redistributables below:
Install Both x86 and x64 versions of these on 64bit PC's:
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package
When ordering a CAPSS Bundle you will receive a box that looks similar to this.
Inside you will have the following contents. Fingerprint Scanner, Signature Pad, Welcome Guide.
- Unbox both your fingerprint scanner and signature pad. Plug them both into your computer.
- Click the FbF® bioCollect link located at the top of the page.
- Click the Install button.
- Once you have downloaded the file locate the file on your computer. It should look similar to the image below.
- Right click on the file and choose Run as administator.
- Depending on your computer you may get an message like this. Click More Info
- Click Run anyway.
- This installation is automated and requires minimal interaction. Click on Install.
- You will be able to see the progress of the installation process, like below.
- After the installation is complete, click on Close.
- When the installation is done there will be an icon on your desktop called bioCollect.
- However, the program will also open after the installation.
- Enter the License key that was emailed to you and click Activate.
- To scan a finger click on a finger on the hand guide and then click on Start.
- Have the customer place their selected finger on the fingerprint scanner for a few seconds to capture their fingerprint.
- If the customer is having a hard time capturing a good quality print please visit our support page here for more tips on capturing the best prints.
- If you would like to re-scan the customers fingerprints just click on the Start button again. If the the fingerprint still does not scan clearly select a different finger and click on Start again. After the fingerprint has been captured please click on Next.
- Click on Start to capture the customers signature.
- After the customer has finished their signature please have them click on the OK button on the signature pad.
- Then click on Next.
- This is the review screen. Here you will choose where to save the files, the customers name, and the file format.
- To change the location of where the file will need to be saved please click on Browse.
- Then a list of avaiable folders will show up. Please choose a file that will be easy to remember. Such as "mycompanyname_capss".
- The file name wil be the customers name. In accordance with California DOJ requirements the file name should be "lastname-firstname".
- In accordance with California DOJ requirements the file needs to be saved as "jpg".
- When the information is correct click the Save.
- If you want to start a new transaction click Next. You will see this message to take you back the first screen.
Congraulations on installing your new bioCollect application. Should you have any issues with the installation please call: 1-800-430-4601 or Email: Support@FulcrumBiometrics.com.