Initializing Eikon Swipe to work with Web-Key Software
Posted by on 15 February 2016 01:38 PM
To initialize the firmware for operation in the Eikon Swipe fingerprint reader:
- Be sure there are no drivers presently installed for the Eikon device. Uninstall, with removal of all files. This can be done in the Control Panel ‘Programs and Features’, as well as the Control Panel ‘Device Manager’.
- Plug in the device, and look for Windows Update to initialize Window Biometric Framework Drivers for its operation.
- If Windows Update does not install the drivers in a timely manner, then go to the Control Panel ‘Device Manager’, and scan for hardware changes, then select the unknown device, or the biometric device that is the Eikon, and request it to check for driver updates. WBF drivers should be installed in this process.
- Next go to the user authentication setup screens and select to do an enrollment of a biometric for workstation logon. Start the enrollment, and complete the first finger scan. Then you can abort. The device firmware is now initialized.
- You can initialize as many devices as you want by repeating step 4.
- Next, unplug the fingerprint reader from USB. Now uninstall the drivers presently installed for the Eikon device. Uninstall, with removal of all files. This can be done in the Control Panel ‘Programs and Features’, as well as the Control Panel ‘Device Manager’. Reboot to be sure it clean, leaving the Eikon unplugged.
- Once restarted, do not plug in the Eikon reader. Install the WEB-key Client software, and be sure that the UPEK Swipe (Eikon) device is selected with a black check and a white background. This black check on white forces a reinstall of the Eikon Legacy driver software, which is what WEB-key uses for interface to the device.
- When prompted in the Installation, plug in the Eikon sensor. Watch the balloon popup in the lower right corner over the system tray. Click on it when it appears, and if it states checking Windows Update for drivers, cancel that. Force it to the BSAPI legacy drivers that WEB-key just installed.
- You should now be operational with the Eikon reader for use within WEB-key.
If you have any issues with this, please contact BIO-Key for support at firstname.lastname@example.org